Sweet and salty This summery recipe is the perfect accompaniment to slices of bread that have been grilled, according to Ravinder Bhogal. You can also cut out the whipped feta component serving the tomato mixture alongside pasta or Gnocchi. Serves four people.
- 400g of mixed cherry tomatoes
- Five cloves of garlic crushed and peeled
- Three fine strips of citrus peel
- 1/2 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1/4 tsp dried chili flakes
- 4 Oregano sprigs
- 60ml extra-virgin olive oil
- Black pepper and sea salt
To whip feta
- 200g of feta cheese that is good quality and high-quality.
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 100g of thick Greek yogurt
- Pre-heat the oven to 180degC/gas mark.
- Cut a few of the larger tomatoes into half, leaving some uncut, then place them in a roasting pan with the lemon peel and garlic. Add salt and pepper, and then sprinkle on the coriander seeds, caster sugar chili flakes, and oregano, and drizzle on the oil.
- Bake for 40 minutes till the tomatoes have full and delicious. Reduce the heat slightly, then remove the lemon and garlic.
- Meanwhile, place the feta cheese in a blender with lemon juice. Blend until it becomes smooth and smooth. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and mix in the yogurt.
- Pour the whipped feta into a serving bowl. Top with warm tomatoes. Serve with toasty slices of bread that are sourdough.