As the sun blazes and temperatures soar, there’s nothing quite like indulging in a scoop of refreshing peach ice cream to cool down. This homemade peach ice cream recipe combines the sweetness of ripe peaches with the creamy goodness of ice cream, creating a delightful treat that will leave you craving more. Follow this step-by-step guide to make a batch of this luscious peach-flavored dessert that will surely become a summertime favorite.
To get started on your journey to peachy perfection, gather the following ingredients:
- 4 cups ripe peaches, peeled and diced
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- One tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- One teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Prepare the Peaches:
- Start by peeling and dicing the ripe peaches. The easiest way to peel peaches is to blanch them in boiling water for about 30 seconds, followed by an immediate plunge into an ice bath. The skins will then easily slide off.
- Dice the peeled peaches into small, bite-sized pieces.
- Create the Peach Puree:
- Place the diced peaches in a blender or food processor.
- Add 1 cup of granulated sugar and one tablespoon of lemon juice to the blender.
- Blend the mixture until smooth, creating a peach puree.
- Chill the Peach Puree:
- Transfer the peach puree to a bowl and place it in the refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours.
- Prepare the Ice Cream Base:
- In a separate bowl, combine the heavy cream, whole milk, 3/4 cup of granulated sugar, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt.
- Whisk the ingredients together until the sugar is fully dissolved.
- Combine Peach Puree and Ice Cream Base:
- Once the peach puree is chilled, fold it into the ice cream base.
- Mix until well combined, ensuring an even distribution of peach flavor.
- Chill the Mixture:
- Cover the mixture with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or, preferably, overnight. This allows the flavors to meld and intensify.
- Churn the Ice Cream:
- Pour the chilled peach ice cream mixture into an ice cream maker.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions to churn the mixture until it reaches a soft-serve consistency.
- Freeze the Ice Cream:
- Transfer the churned ice cream into a lidded container.
- Freeze the ice cream for at least 4 hours or until it reaches a firm, scoopable texture.
- Serve and Enjoy:
- Once the peach ice cream has reached the desired consistency, scoop it into bowls or cones.
- Garnish with fresh peach slices or a mint sprig for an extra touch of elegance.
Homemade peach ice cream offers a perfect blend of fruity sweetness and creamy richness, making it an irresistible treat for hot summer days. By using fresh, ripe peaches and simple ingredients, you can create a dessert that surpasses store-bought alternatives in both flavor and satisfaction. Whether enjoyed solo, with friends or as the finishing touch to a summer gathering, this peach ice cream recipe is sure to become a staple in your repertoire of homemade delights. So, embrace the joy of crafting your frozen masterpiece and treat yourself to the cool, sweet goodness of peach ice cream all season long.