Does anyone besides me feel like there is a S’mores craze going on right now? I’ll be the first one to admit that I’m a Pinterest addict, but it seems like lately I can’t even look at my homepage without seeing some version of a S’mores recipe. I was kind of fed up with it, which was surprisingly the inspiration for this post. Here’s the truth: I don’t like S’mores. Let me explain though before you wonder how that can possibly be. I think the truth is that I’m so terribly awful at roasting marshmallows that I simply have negative associations with this campfire treat.
My marshmallows are either burned black (which I think is yucky…some people find that good?), or far too undercooked out of fear of burning them. Therefore, my S’mores never seem to be as good as everyone else’s! I just have bad luck with campfires I think. So, I set out on a quest to abolish my dislike of S’mores by creating my own form of them – one where roasting over a campfire is not required – and these S’mores Rice Krispies Treats were created! I love creating recipes because I can tweak ingredients to my own liking. I’m a marshmallow cream LOVER (see it used HERE), so of course that was incorporated. I’m also a chocoholic, so covering the bars in chocolate was an easy choice. The graham crackers were added only because they’re essential One bite of these rice kipsies and I turned into a S’mores fan! Now if only I could master the campfire roasting.
Mores Rice Krispies Treats
- 4 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 3 cups coarsely chopped graham crackers
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 jar (7 oz.) Marshmallow cream
- 1 bag (10 oz.) Miniature marshmallows
- 6 Hershey’s Bars
- Dash salt
- In a large bowl, mix together the cereal and graham crackers. Set aside.
- In a large pot on medium heat, melt together miniature marshmallows, butter, and a dash of salt. Remove from heat.
- Stir in cereal/graham cracker mixture.
- Press into the bottom of a 9×13 pan.
- Spread the marshmallow cream on top of the rice krispies (like a frosting).
- Break the chocolate bars in half and place on top of the rice krispies.
- Place the rice krispies in the oven on BROIL for 3-5 min until the chocolate is slightly melted.
- Allow bars to cool for a few minutes, and enjoy!