DIY Spooky Decoupage Treat Bucket
Trick or treat buckets don’t have to be for just children. Why not create a spooky and fun treat
bucket for your own sweet treats and surprises? You don’t need to spend a lot of money or invest
a lot of time in creating one, you just need a few simple supplies and a tad of creativity. If you
are looking for a fun fall DIY project, take a look at this spooky decoupage treat bucket. In no
time you can whip one up you are sure to enjoy for years to come.
[box title="DIY Spooky Decoupage Treat Bucket" color="#d72509"]
Halloween graphics. You can find various printable FREE graphics on the internet. Just print
your free graphics on a color printer and you are all set. If you are looking for a great site for free
graphics, www.thegraphicsfairy.com is a great start.
Scrap fabric or ribbon
Plain cardboard craft box (You can find plain cardboard craft boxes at Hobby Lobby and other
craft stores. They are available in a variety of sizes and shapes.)
1. First, remove the lid from the cardboard craft box and set aside. You will not be needing it.
2. Apply a coat of paint in the color of your choice. Allow to dry. Apply a second coat if desired.
3. While your paint is drying, clip out some colorful Halloween graphics.
4. Apply a layer of decoupage to your treat bucket and lay the graphic on it. Press it flat,
removing all air bubbles. Apply a coat of decoupage over the graphic to secure it into place.
5. Using the tip of your scissors, poke a hole in each side of the bucket.
6. Take your piece of wire and place each end through the holes creating a handle. Just twist the
tips of the wire to secure.
7. Take your coordinating ribbon or scrap fabric and tie on as an embellishment to the handle.
You can add a touch of glitter if you wish, additional ribbon, more paint accents, or other little
touches of pizzazz as you wish. After all, it is your treat bucket! A coat of decoupage will help
secure any additional flat embellishments and protect your bucket so you can display it year after
Who says Halloween crafts are just for kids? Give this simple DIY a try and you will have a fun
and functional treat bucket just in time for Halloween.